This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As a Security Analysis Support Systems Engineer on our team you will apply current customer and industry Systems Engineering best practices to provide security engineering and authorization services solutions using updated methodology and processes and aligning those solutions with Risk Management Framework (RMF) capabilities. All work is to be performed in accordance with Government, and customer policies, procedures, and plans.
Responsibilities include :
- Assist in the creation of long-term plans and capturing of requirements needed to improve upon customer RMF authorization services to include reoccurring cyber security matters routinely identified by the customer OIG.
- Support efforts to improve the processes and capabilities for oversight, management and compliance status of COA3’s, User Activity Monitoring (UAM), Data Transfer Agency (DTA) capabilities, Vulnerability Management and similar cyber security compliance related focus areas that routinely get identified by the OIG for improvement.
- Track and aid in managing to resolution all customer related audit and inspection findings. Help to anticipate and identify problem areas that are most likely to be a problem during future audits and inspections.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 6 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 10 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience in cyber security principles, system security authorizations, and Risk Management Framework processes and capabilities.
- A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, system integration, project management, architecture development, mission use case and thread analysis.
- A demonstrated ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues.
- Self-starter, with high attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel.
Must have active TS/SCI Clearance with appropriate Polygraph
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.