Do you approach work with a sense of ownership and initiative? Do you quickly develop “big picture” understanding of complex, detailed concepts? Do you love both technical and creative writing? Do you have creative sensibilities? Do you consider yourself a storyteller? Do you write concisely yet persuasively? Can you translate technical and business concepts into compelling sales and marketing content that makes the reader exclaim, “I want to hire these guys!” Can you synthesize a document pieced together by multiple authors and provide one-voice consistency and readability? Can you do all this in a manner that complies with Government RFP requirements?
If you answered yes to half of these, then you are at least half of what we’re looking for.
If you answered yes to all of these, then you are exactly what we’re looking for!
Sound like your dream job? ⇢ email@example.com
The proposal writer is a critical member of our Growth Team, reporting directly to the Chief Growth Officer in pursuit of new contracts with the Maryland customer.
The Proposal Writer works independently to manage their assigned volume/sections and works effectively as part of an overall team to develop compliant and compelling proposals on schedule. They work productively in a remote work environment but meet locally when necessary to conduct and participate in interviews with subject matter experts (SME). They make source selection evaluators curl up in a corner like they’re reading an engaging novel, and they win contracts.
· Minimum ten years of experience writing proposals in response to Federal RFPs.
· Analyze government RFPs to determine proposal requirements.
· Develop compliant proposal outlines.
· Create a whole that is greater than its parts by organizing proposal content into a “story” that follows a logical progression, presenting compelling information that builds to a winning conclusion.
· Work efficiently within the proposal process to meet schedule milestones.
· Develop solution strategies, win themes, discriminators, benefits, and risk mitigations to create compliant and compelling proposal content.
· Independently lead meetings and interviews with technical SMEs to gather, organize, and synthesize information on diverse topics. Record and organize effective notes from these meetings for future reference in your writing.
· Develop solutions to proposal requirements, obtain and edit rough draft material, and create compelling narrative from interviews.
· Draft, edit, and review proposal sections in response to RFP requirements, with seamless integration into the overarching proposal narrative.
· Draft compelling and informative proposal graphics, visual designs, and mock-ups. Work with a Graphics Artist to refine and finalize graphics.
· Incorporate feedback from color reviews.
· TS/SCI clearance with favorable Polygraph.
· Prior experience supporting the Maryland customer in a technical or management capacity.
· Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Word.
· Basic proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
· Sales/marketing background or mindset.