This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year; and work is performed at the customer site. As an NSM Technical Writer on our team you will support the customer’s effort to improve the nation’s Cybersecurity of the Federal Information Systems. You will:
- Support the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of customer issuances: Operational Directives, Memos, Congressional Notifications, Emergency Directives, and technical documents.
- Conduct and facilitate the document review/revision process to reconcile comments. Document and maintain comments matrix noting resolution. Coordinate comment adjudication with SME, author and/or the customer team.
- Coordinate and track the SPF process with Action Officers for signature.
- Write and edit technical documentation for all office issuances. Produce how-to documentation and job aids for customer processes and procedures. Create and produce SOPs for customer processes, including SSOR, process flow documentation and format publications, technical drawings, in consultation with SME and other available resources.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Six (6) years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience (at least 10 total years) may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience documenting systems, and systems of systems in accordance with systems engineering standards and practices.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- A basic understanding of customer compliance rules and policies would be ideal but selected individual will be provided formal customer compliance policy training upon assignment to the task.
Position requires active Security Clearance with appropriate Polygraph
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.