HTS (iNovex) was built on the principle that people matter first and foremost. We believe in providing a strong work/life balance by investing in our employees and encouraging professional and personal growth. We do this by offering exceptional benefits, flexible schedules, and the tools necessary to achieve success through paid training, mentoring, and the opportunity to work alongside top-notch technical professionals.
Your effort and expertise are crucial to the success and execution of this impactful mission that is critical in ensuring mission success through System Engineering, Network Engineering, and Software Engineering & Development, by improving, protecting, and defending our Nation’s Security.
We are looking for experienced Linux System Engineers to join our technology-based program supporting a key government customer. This program will deliver engineering services for network infrastructure as well as sophisticated enterprise computing infrastructure including end-point devices, data center hosted servers, multi-Cloud services as well as virtualized applications, and storage systems. Enterprise Computing Engineering services include modern application technology including containerized solutions with orchestrated workflow that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. Network infrastructure engineering services are comprised of core infrastructure, voice and video engineering, field engineering, application management and development for networks, network analytics, firewalls, network access controls and bandwidth service delivery. This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex and high-profile programs within the government.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
We are looking for a Senior Linux Systems Engineer with a minimum of 6+ years’ experience. Bachelor’s Master’s degrees are preferred with a background utilizing the following:
· Linux including Red Hat and its derivatives (centOS, RHEL, RockyOS).
· Experience in shell scripting and manipulating the Linux command line.
· Experience providing Linux Administration support Experience providing engineering infrastructure support.
Duties to Include but not limited to:
· Perform systems engineering and software development in multiple large enterprise server environments (e.g., Linux, Red Hat and CentOS)
· Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
· Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
· Prepare required documentation (program-level and user-level)
· Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
· Perform technical evaluations and analysis.
· Support the customer in the development and maintenance of systems baseline.
· Assess server loads and work with technical leads to develop tuning recommendations.
· Additional duties, as assigned.
· TS/SCI with Polygraph
O&M duties include:
· Provide operational pager/phone duty support.
· Complete day-to-day Operations & Maintenance tasks
· Perform operating system software updates, upgrades and patches.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
· Experience with the following languages: Python, Ruby, Bash, PHP
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), CloudFormation, google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
· Experience with configuration management software (e.g., Ansible, Puppet Manifests and Foreman)
· Experience with cloud computing, including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS
· Experience with CaaS (e.g., Kubernetes and OpenShift)
· Experience with LAMP
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.