We’re searching for talented individuals who provide intelligence, engineering, and mission management expertise for the Government. This program will maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of our country’s most important missions both at home and abroad. If you are ready to support a high-performing team that truly makes a difference, then come join us!
Analyzes user’s requirements concept of operations documents and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirement and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirement, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program per orwel, government overseers, and senior executives.
The Level 2 Systems Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
• Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
• Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware software, facility, and personnel components
• Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program review s and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
• Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational consideration
• Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to system and subsystem components
• Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
• Define the methods processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems subsystems and work products arc verified against their requirements in a written plan
• Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
• Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
• Participate in interface definition design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
• Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
• Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
• Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
• Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords. cryptography discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
• Implement comprehensive SOA solutions
• Implement operational view technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
• Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
• Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
• Asses each risk to tbc program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
• In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirement
• Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
• Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage change to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
• Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
• Support the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
• Support the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e. Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document IA Strategy)
• Provide technical direction for the development engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
• Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance , and disposal needs
• Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
• Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’ s degree.
Position requires active Security Clearance with appropriate Polygraph
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, RealmOne provides advanced technology services and solutions focused on cybersecurity, intelligence collection and analysis, data science and advanced analytics, and hyper-automation to support our country’s most critical national security initiatives
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.