iNovex is seeking a team player who can thrive in a fast-paced environment to join our energetic team. The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that company expenditures & payments are maintained in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner.
This position is a hybrid role, must be able to go into our Columbia, MD location facility as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Processing of high-volume accounts payable invoices in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Coding such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc. with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Prepare credit applications and verify new vendor documentation.
- Match invoices to checks, review for accuracy, special requests, and distribute them accordingly.
- Process different payment types and ensure payments are completed and posted accurately in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle AP inquiries and follow through to completion.
- Understanding of what type of products or services should be taxed.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales & use tax form and payment.
- Process 1099 Forms
- Assists in monthly and annual sub-ledger and general ledger closings.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of AP experience in a government contracting environment.
- Unanet, Deltek Costpoint or other equivalent system experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Ability to follow up on pending issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Understanding and adherence of internal controls to maintain financial security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be a US citizen.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.