The Project Officer will serve as support for emerging products and will perform continuous management and review of cost, schedule, performance, and supportability of products as they transition through the acquisition life cycle from research, development, production, fielding and sustainment. The candidate will be a working and contributing member of the team, not simply a director of tasks.
Telework available up to 3 days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and develop procedures relating to financial management, acquisition, implementation, distribution, and logistical support for hardware, software, supplies, and services required by projects.
- Plan, conduct, and/or direct highly complex reviews and initiate reports which are provided to higher headquarters and other commands with recommendations on best courses of action.
- Analyzes and evaluates project development, progress and performance. Supports periodic reviews with appropriate representatives to determine status of overall project and major milestones; ensure coordination for orderly phasing of all actions and detect potential slippages in advance; identify potential increases in cost; and ascertain appropriate action required to maintain or improve project schedules. Reviews and monitors all critical project documents.
- Plans, organizes, and evaluates work of participating members and organizations that have relationships to the project. Applies a broad knowledge of program management to accomplish the management and administration of assigned projects.
- Reviews program documentation and makes decisions concerning long-range plans, policies, and schedules to improve the programmatic and technical effectiveness of the management team.
- Provides guidance to activities supporting the project to ensure proper balance consistent with requirements and available resources.
- Submits suggestions for new opportunities and reports user/customer problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Army Acquisition
- Knowledge and experience in Program Management.
- Full range of program management principles and practices to include budgeting, planning, staffing, funding, and managing resources for matrix, support contractor and external PMs.
- Ability to work on multi-functional teams; experience with developing program plans, integrated master plans, and integrated master schedules.
- 4 minimum years of related experience; recent program/product manager assignments supporting delivery of Program of Record or Operation Needs Statements.
- MS Office suite of tools (Power Point, Excel, Word)
B.A. or B.S in any discipline
- Familiarity with acquisition lifecycle management
- DAWIA Certification
Position requires Secret Clearance
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, RealmOne provides advanced technology services and solutions focused on cybersecurity, intelligence collection and analysis, data science and advanced analytics, and hyper-automation to support our country’s most critical national security initiatives.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.