Short and sweet.
iNovex is looking for a Top Secret/SCI (with Polygraph) cleared mid-level Software Engineer to support a Prime contract dealing with big data modification and machine learning.
If you like to solve complex problems regarding operational systems in an Agile environment, this one is for you. The Software Engineer will join a seasoned and talented team and be involved in the full life cycle, by preparing detailed specifications, designing, coding, testing, and debugging newly written programs.
Why this role is important.
As a Software Engineer at iNovex, you will focus your skills on developing, maintaining, and enhancing complex and diverse mission software systems. This position will deal with software development, maintenance and enhancing complex software systems. If you’re passionate about and have an eye for fantastically designed software, we can’t wait to chat!
What you bring to the team.
Experience + Education: You’ve got the foundations and are eager to learn more! You have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline OR 4 additional years of software engineering experience.
- 20+ years of demonstrated experience is needed for this position.
- At least 1 year of experience with Java.
- Experience with some of the following will help: REST Services using JAX-RS, Spring, Software Design Skills, Tomcat, Backbone, Node.JS, Less.JS, Gulp.JS, Cassandra, Docker, Ansible, CSS, AWS. Kubernetes. But if you don’t have some or all of these, worry not. You’ll get time to learn them! And we’ll support you with training as needed. Our goal is to help you help us be successful in:
- Updating existing programs to implement customer tweaks.
- Developing new programs to implement customer user stories.
- Developing Java and REST Services using JAX-RS and Tomcat.
- Analyzing existing programs for troubleshooting and performance.
- Testing new and existing programs to ensure accuracy.
- Documenting code thoroughly and consistently.
- Clearance: Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI with Poly
- Collaboration: You work well on a team as you all work towards solutions. You can take constructive feedback and roll it into your work.
- Excellent Communication + Problem Solving: You are able to understand problems, break them down, and propose solutions. As you lead a team you can communicate concepts and inspire others.
- Curiosity + Continuous Learning: You are ready to learn and evolve your craft! With technology always changing, you are the kind of person who keeps a pulse on new and emerging things out in the world of software design.
We’ll hold up our end of the deal!
- Alongside your invitation to innovate, we offer fantastic benefits to make life easier and more enjoyable for you.
- An opportunity to stay curious and learn—iNovex Academy and LinkedIn Learning resources at your fingertips. $7500/yr for educational assistance. All your training, certification, and membership fees covered!
- Excellent health benefits—100% company paid premiums for employee and 85% for all others. We even throw in a contribution to your Health Savings Account!
- Save for your future. 5% automatic company contribution to your 401K. No match required, and immediate vesting. When we all succeed together, we don’t forget about you, we profit share!
- A little bit extra. When you give your all, we give back with bonuses, recognition awards, swag, and more. We have a generous employee referral bonus program when you send more amazing people our way!
- Our team is made up of diverse and curious individuals who welcome the opportunity to create.
Your invitation to apply!
If you feel like you’re a fit for this position and our truths resonate with you, please apply through this posting on our Career Center. Once you apply, you’ll hear from a recruiter within 2 business days to talk more about the opportunity to become an iNovexer!
iNovex is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected classes under Federal, State or local law.