We’re searching for talented individuals who provide intelligence, engineering, and mission management expertise for the Government. This program will maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of our country’s most important missions both at home and abroad. If you are ready to support a high-performing team that truly makes a difference, then come join us!
As an IT Engineer you will work with a team of IT professional implementing custom environments and resolving technical issues in support of a next generation collaboration capability. This capability is a high visibility requirement with the Customer, integrating the latest IT commercial off the shelf (COTS) hardware and software. Additionally, you will be at the forefront; Developing and enforcing security protocols for secure, multi-party capabilities for users across various domain classification; work with various users to collect requirements for data centers. These users are across the Intelligence Community (IC) to include mission analysts and data owners, various Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) and COTS developers, and consumers and owners of the mission data. Conduct and analyze site surveys and prepare site preparation requirements and installation plans. Build, configure and test each system and hardware suite prior to shipment and implementation. Create and update documentation packages, installation guides, configuration guides, user guides test plans and procedures, technical reports and presentation materials. As capabilities are implemented in our Production environment, you will contribute to the extended phases of monitoring, sustainment, and contribute to process improvement. As a Linux specialist, you will focus on mission capabilities and Linux based COTS applications.
The Level 2 Linux IT Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Develops and reviews system architecture, including relevant use cases.
- Manages and tunes technology to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Leads major portions of large or medium complex IT projects, and leads small projects autonomously.
- Develops models for future architectural enhancements to system hardware and software.
- Develops and conducts training programs.
- Assist and advises in the development or modification of complex hardware and software solutions to enhance a commodity or specialized IT infrastructure or environment.
- Interfaces with multiple levels of the organization and aspects of a team to resolve system engineering issues and actions.
- Provides weekly and bi-weekly highlights and status inputs to include status, issues, and proposed solutions.
- Develops advanced technological and operational ideas and guides their development to the final product.
- Originates and delivers technical briefs to the government and contractor personnel and all levels of the contract team.
- Provides advice for team integration of new platforms when required regarding cost/schedule/performance impacts.
- Manages installation, maintenance, and support of complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
- Provides highly technical and specialized solutions to complex IT problems.
- Performs analyses and studies and prepares summary reports.
- Gathers facts through research, interviewing, and surveys to analyzes the client’s business, draws conclusions, and prepares final reports.
- Develops security procedures for design reviews, and for operational monitoring, recording, and responding to security events.
- Provides highly technical and specialized guidance concerning automated solutions to complex information processing problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of IT Engineering experience.
- Four (4) years of additional IT Engineer experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree, making the total experience requirement twelve (12) years as an IT Engineer without a degree.
- Compliance with DoD 8570; Security + CE is required.
- Eight (8) years’ experience as an IT Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- One (1) year experience in Enterprise IT systems and projects. Managing and performing integration operations and maintenance activities on multiple system domains of various security classification levels and diverse user bases concurrently.
Position requires active Security Clearance with appropriate Polygraph
iNovex is a mid-sized science and technology company dedicated to solving our customers’ toughest mission challenges. Headquartered in Columbia, MD., iNovex supplies advanced cybersecurity, data science and software engineering services and products to customers in the Federal Government and commercial sectors. iNovex has won numerous awards, to include Top Workplaces by the Baltimore Sun. Across more than 20 prime contracts, iNovex is a premiere innovator for the Federal Government and Department of Defense, and our team is located across the United States.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.