Uses information collected from a variety of sources to monitor network activity and analyze it for evidence of anomalous behavior. Identifies, triages, and reports events that occur in order to protect data, information systems, and infrastructure. Finds trends, patterns, or anomaly correlations utilizing security-relevant data. Recommends proactive security measures. Conducts analysis to isolate indicators of compromise. Notify designated managers, cyber incident responders, and cybersecurity service provider team member of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action in accordance with the organization’s cyber incident response plan.
- One (1) year of demonstrated and practical experience in TCP/IP fundamentals.
- One (1) year of demonstrated experience with network traffic analysis tools such as Bricata, TCPDump or Wireshark.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience using security information and event management suites (such as Splunk, ArcSight, Kibana, LogRhythm).
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in network analysis and threat analysis software utilization.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Analyst baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification. The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
- Higher level Requires successful completion of the Splunk software training course “Fundamentals 1”. Two (2) years of demonstrated experience maintaining or managing Cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), using tools like Microsoft Sentinel.
CDA Level 2 (Wireless) positions:
- Wireless certification similar to Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) to Assessing and Auditing Wireless Networks (GAWN), Certified Wireless security Professional (CWSP), Offensive Security Wireless Fidelity (OSWP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA-Wireless), Or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP-Wireless).
CDA Level 2 (SCADA) positions:
- ICS/SCADA certification similar to Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) certification OR Global Response and Industrial Defense (GRID) certification.