The Contracts Specialist will provide contract support and assistance in both pre and post award activities, such as but not limited to NDAs, TAs, review of awarded prime contracts, preparation of subcontract documents, and coordination with all key stakeholders (PMO, finance, etc.). The Contracts Specialist will work directly and proactively with the iNovex Contracts Team, VP, Contracts & Compliance, and iNovex Operations, Business Development, HR, Finance, and Accounting team members. The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for assisting with cradle to grave contracts and subcontracts administration, including ensuring company and client contractual requirements are accomplished. Other responsibilities include:
- Assist in evaluating or monitoring contract documents to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Assist in the review, negotiation, and execution of NDAs, Teaming Agreements, and contracts for services or supplies.
- Maintain electronic filing.
- Assist in the review or preparation of contractual data calls, pricing efforts, and subcontract proposals.
- Suggest improvements, solve problems, or take corrective action when problems arise.
- Build a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
- Collaborate with others or work as a team.
- Prepare or review required contract reports for customers and management.
- Perform or assist with procedural audits.
- Address contractual issues and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Review of contract invoices prior to submission.
- Assist in the initial review of subcontractor invoices and ensure adequate support documentation, mathematical accuracy, and compliance with subcontractor terms and conditions, payments, and delivery schedules.
- Assist in preparing RFQs/RFPs to potential subcontractors. Assure the subcontract RFP packages includes all appropriate terms and conditions. Recommend and prepare unique terms and conditions as required. Assist in preparing subcontract consent packages, and/or subcontractor proposals to the Government.
- Assist in preparing appropriate documentation for subcontracts and modifications of all types
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in business, legal, or management discipline is desired.
o 2+ years of experience in government contract administration with DoD.
o Working knowledge of US Government Procurement Regulations (FAR and DFARS).
- Must be a motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be an excellent communicator – verbal & written
- Must be able to read and interpret Federal acquisition policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those interpretations fully and legally to all activities
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a TS//SCI clearance with polygraph
Must be able to work in a typical office environment.
Position may require travel to engage with customer or other partners.
Work Schedule – 40+ hours per week, typically Monday – Friday but with evening and weekend hours required if necessary to respond quickly to corporate priorities.